1 large onion
250g diced potato
250g chopped carrot
500g pumpkin, diced
1 large clove of garlic, crushed to a fine paste
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
Half a teaspoon ground coriander
Half a teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 litre vegetable stock
500ml water to adjust consistency, to your taste
2 tbsp mango chutney
Salt and pepper, to taste
1tsp vegetable oil
50g of feta cheese
2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
1. Add vegetable oil to a large, heavy-based pan and gently heat the onions until slightly soft and transparent.
2. Add the carrot, pumpkin and potato and gently sauté for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, curry powder, garam masala, coriander and cayenne, salt and pepper and stir through until it coats the veg. Cook out for a further few minutes to release the wonderful spice aromas and give them the best possible depth of flavour.
4. Add the stock and water, then simmer the soup gently until the vegetables are fully cooked.
5. Blend the soup, adjust the seasoning to suit your taste.
6. Serve a hearty portion in a bowl with a sprinkle of crumbled feta and a scatter of pumpkin seeds and a twist of lime.